09: Double Date with Kaleigh & Evan McMordie
Taco and Mandy have a Double Date with registered dietitian and blogger, Kaleigh McMordie, and her husband, Evan, to discuss adjusting to living with another person, metal health in relationships, the trials of being married to a food blogger, and preparing for life as first-time parents.
New Podcast epsiodes will be releasing every other week starting with today’s episode (Episode 9).
Our Instagram handle has changed! Make sure to follow @nutrition_nuptials for all things couples-related on Instagram when it comes to nutrition, fitness, lifestyle, and fun. If you were already following @mandyenrightRD on Instagram, then we’re still friends ☺
Grab a FREE 3-Day Meal Plan e-book featuring mix & match breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack recipes. Looking for assistance with meal planning for your week or month? Get started today with a free meal plan trial. Don’t forget – Patreon supporters at the $10 level will get their first month plan for free.
Patreon supporters at ALL levels will get a special episode out take from this week’s episode with Kaleigh and Evan!
ABOUT KALEIGH & EVAN
Kaleigh McMordie is a registered dietitian and author of the blog Lively Table, where she specializes in recipe development and nutrition communications. Her husband, Evan, recently completed his master’s in personal financial planning. Kaleigh and Evan have been married for 3 years, currently live in Lubbock, TX, and welcomed their first child this past June (read on for more info on their baby girl).
WHAT WE LEARN:
- How Kaleigh and Evan met (and hear Evan’s famous joke about their first meeting)
- How two people who strongly value their “Me Time” enjoy time together and apart
- What life is really like when you’re married to a food blogger – and being known as Mr Table
- How mental health needs to be discussed in relationships as much as physical health
- How Kaleigh and Evan plan to raise their daughter in a world of Health At Every Size (HAES) to honor and respect her body
- The importance of couples discussing their financial health
- Communication is key among couples for a marriage to work
- Both people must have mutual trust & respect of each other
- Discuss finances! Have a joint checking account and write a budget together
PIN FOR LATER –>
RAISING INTUTIVE EATERS:
Kaleigh and Even discussed the importance of raising their child as an Intuitive Eater, ie. Someone who honors and respects their body without influence from external diet culture. Their goal is to raise their daughter in a home and world where:
- We are not critical of our bodies
- There is no restriction on food
- The home is a welcoming food environment
(SIDE NOTE – STAY TUNED FOR A FUTURE EPISODE AND MORE ON THIS BLOG DISCUSSING INTUITIVE EATING!)
On June 7, 2018, Kaleigh an Evan welcomed Caroline into the world weighing 6 lb 4 oz.
Kaleigh shares this update with the Nutrition Nuptials audience:
“Life as new parents has definitely been a much bigger adjustment than we could have anticipated! Evan started a new job the week before she was born, so between a newborn and a new job, life has been more than a little chaotic. But we’ve still found that communication is key, and we just need to lean on each other and try to be sympathetic to each other’s needs as we figure out our new normal and fall into a flow. At 4 months, Caroline is already sleeping through the night, so that is a huge blessing!”
RECIPES TO CHECK OUT FROM KALEIGH’S BLOG, LIVELY TABLE
FOLLOW KALEIGH MCMORDIE AT LIVELY TABLE
Links referenced in show:
Have a question, story to share, or feedback on the show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
Mandy Enright, MS, RDN, RYT is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and fitness instructor. She is the creator of the blog, Nutrition Nuptials, where she has been helping couples learn how to merge their lifestyles together and served as the inspiration for this podcast. Mandy is dedicated to helping teach people how to fit the foods they love into their lifestyle with an “all foods fit” philosophy. She is joined every episode by her co-host and husband, Taco. Taco and Mandy are active beach bums who live at the Jersey Shore and are always exploring restaurants, breweries, wineries, and perfect sunsets. You can check out their finds on Instagram by following #AdventuresOfTacoAndMandy.
About the Show:
Nutrition Nuptials is all about helping couples learn how to go from a “ME” to a “WE” when it comes to their household habits, particularly when it comes to nutrition, fitness, and overall wellbeing. The backbone of the story is the STORIES you will hear, because every couple has their trials and triumphs. Know that you’re not alone! Hear Taco & Mandy discuss stories they have experienced personally in their time together. And join them for their Double Date episodes when other couples join the show to share their experiences. There’s laughs and learnings for all!
How You Can Support the Show:
We love our listeners for taking the time to listen to us chat about couples-related matters. In order to give you the best possible show, we have a few simple ways you can support the show and help spread the word.
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Radio Public, and more
- Rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, VIP Facebook Group, and more
Thanks for joining us today and for saying “I DO”
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!
PIN FOR LATER –>