Couples Amazon Prime Day Picks
While this post was not sponsored by Amazon, I do serve as an Amazon affiliate. This post contains link that may earn me a small commission if you choose to make a purchase when you click on them.
Amazon Prime Day is coming TODAY Monday 7/16! On our first Nutrition Nuptials Podcast, Taco & I discussed that a serious step in a relationship is sharing a Netflix account. I’d challenge that by saying having an Amazon Prime Account is an even bigger and more serious step to take in a relationship. I mean, Free 2-Day shipping and cutting back on errands is worth every penny in our home. How about you? With Prime Day starting today, I wanted to share a few of my top Prime Day Picks for Couples that you can nab by saving to your shopping cart and save to buy when Prime Day officially opens for business.
I got sucked into Prime Day last year. I bought the #1 selling Prime Day item in the US, the InstantPot. To answer how many times I have used my Instant Pot, see photo below. My goal for the remainder of 2018 is to FINALLY learn how to use the thing! So post your fave recipes in the comments below.
InstantPot fear aside, there are some great deals that can be found on Prime Day if you do a little bit of research. That’s why I sharing my Prime Day Picks for Couples to help those of you who are getting those wedding registries ready, newly married, or just want to freshen up a few things in the home.
- FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING! The #1 reason for having a Prime account. Remember having to constantly place a $25 order just to get free shipping? No more! Order all the $2.99 items you want and have them shipped for free! Forget to buy a nephew’s birthday gift? Order it on Amazon Prime for it to arrive in time – or have it shipped directly to them. Shopping in a store on Black Friday? Uh uh no! Need some items for your home but the closest Bed Bath & Beyond is 20 minutes from home? I’ll wait the 2 days to have it shipped to me. READY TO TRY THAT FREE TRIAL???
- AMAZON VIDEO! Hey, Taco & I love our Netflix too. But sometimes you need a change and more variety. Amazon Video has movies and also original programming. If you haven’t checked out Sneaky Pete yet, it’s definitely worth the binge night of couch cuddle time. GET AMAZON VIDEO
- EXTRA WHOLE FOODS DISCOUNTS! Thanks to Amazon buying Whole Foods, Prime Members can now get extra discounts at Whole Foods. Simply download the Whole Food App, link up the email associated with your Prime Account, and have the cashier scan your unique barcode to get your discount as you smile smugly at the person next to you in line. CLAIM YOUR FREE TRIAL
So without further ado, here’s my top Prime Day Picks for Couples. Not only are there particular items that you can get amazing deals on, but you can also take advantage of signature Amazon services and get extra special discounts that you can even start taking advantage of NOW!
For those of you getting married, set up your Wedding Registry on Amazon. Not only can you put ANYTHING you want on that registry (including furniture, power tools, and Alexa), but you’ll get a percentage back from the sales to, you know, buy more Amazon goodies. And you friends who wait to the last minute to buy a gift for your wedding shower (ahem, me) will be thankful to use their Prime 2-Day free shipping to get that gift in time.
AMAZON HOME SERVICES
Did you know Amazon has their own version of Angie’s List for household tasks called Amazon Home Services? Me neither. But it offers things like home cleaning and furniture assembly. On Prime Day if you sign up for Amazon Home Services you can get discounts on cleaning plans for your home (SCORE!).
Perfect way to save on everyday household items. If you’re a home of 2 like we are, you probably don’t go through your club store purchases very quickly, which means you’re taking up storage space with obscenely large condiment and laundry containers. Prime Pantry helps you save money without buying bulk sizes. Plus get $6 off orders that contain 5 qualifying items. Now through Prime Day, new-to-Pantry customers get $10 off $40 Pantry order and free delivery! As part of Pantry membership, you can skip the trip to the store and enjoy free deliveries of regular everyday-sized pantry items (with minimum spend of only $40 per order). TRY PRIME PANTRY
Also not super big on grocery shopping? I know there’s better ways I want to spend my time on the weekends. Check out Amazon Fresh to have someone else do the work for you! Plus get a select assortment from Whole Foods! Now through July 17, Prime members who start a free trial can also get $30 off their first order (PROMO CODE: 30FRESH). Existing Prime customers can also use this same promo code through 7/17! TRY AMAZON FRESH
MUSIC: $0.99 for 4 months of music (ends July 17)
AUDIBLE GOLD MEMBERSHIP: 66% off a 3-month membership of Audible Gold (ends July 17)
AUDIBLE ROMANCE PACKAGE: Get a free 30-day trial (no end date!)
KINDLE UNLIMITED: Choose from either $0.99-for-3-month Kindle Unlimited or 33% off 12-month and 40% off 24-month Kindle Unlimited plans.
COUPLES PRIME DAY PICKS
Always a big hit on Prime Day. Taco is definitely one to take advantage of electronics for the house. Here’s some of our top items on the list:
- Echo Show– for those days you want Alexa to show & tell
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote – because sometimes you just want to tell the TV what to do
- Anker PowerCore 10000 External Battery – if you hate fighting over outlets when you’re traveling or on the road, then you’ll definitely want to have at least one of these external chargers in your home – or one for each of you!
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple devices – never, ever, ever get on a plane ever again without these!
- LG Electronics 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – because dudes like TVs
- Seagate External Hard Drive– back up, back up, back up all important documents!
- AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder– then shred, shred, shred the evidence!
CHECK OUT A SNEAK PEEK EPISODE OF THE NUTRITION NUPTIALS PODCAST! SUBSCRIBE NOW TO GET NEW EPISODES AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.
Kitchen & Cookware
Totally my jam on Prime Day!
- Anova Sous Vides Precision Cooker– definitely my top Prime Day pick! I’ve become obsessed with those Egg White Sous Vide Bites that Starbucks sells. Now I want to make my own. Plus this may help me finally master cooking multiple poaches eggs at once perfectly. Will this follow the same fate as the InstantPot??? Follow me on Instagram to find out!
- Vitamix 5200 Blender – because who DOESN’T want a Vitamix???
- InstantPot – in case you didn’t buy one last year and leave it sitting in the box for the past 365 days
- AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet – a staple item EVERY kitchen should have!
- Calphalon Nonstick Cookware – my absolute go-to when it comes to non-stick pots & pans
- Coleman RoadTrip Grill – Taco and I definitely aren’t into camping, but we LOVE tailgating. You can find us at every Sunday Phillies homegame tailgating in the parking lot with out crew and weekly themes. This is by far the BEST grill! Highly recommend getting the griddle attachment for breakfast tailgates and definitely stock up on a few extra propane tanks to have on hand.
- AmazonBasics 16-Piece Cafe Stripe Dinnerware Set – Because sometimes it’s nice to not have the same flatware from college days. Or because sometimes things get chipped over the years from eating lots of good meals.
- AmazonBasics 65-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set with Scalloped Edge – And because it’s highly likely there have been a few flatware casualties along the way in your home
Bed & Beyond
Because nothing feels more like home than fresh clean laundry and bedding
- AmazonBasics 400 Thread Count Sheet Set – just because your marriage has lasted the test of time doesn’t mean your sheets have to as well
- AmazonBasics 3-Bag Laundry Sorter– because it’s the only way you’ll get a man to sort out his laundry
- Downy Unstopables in-Wash Scent Booster Beads – the ONLY thing that has stopped Taco from divorcing me because my hot yoga clothes make his workout clothes too “stinky” when they get washed together. Make this a regular item in your home and get 20% off your first subscribe & save delivery order
- Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner– I have an earlier version of this Dyson vacuum, but it’s the BEST. Especially with all our extra Shiva hair these days, it gets it all and has attachments to use on the couch, car, and high up places on the ceiling.
- iRobot Roomba – for those of us who prefer a robot does the vacuuming
Fitness & Health
While I don’t believe you need to invest in a ton of expensive equipment, a few key items at home can make for some awesome intense workouts. Plus, you can play along with a few of the fitness videos I’ve posted on the blog! Both of these tools are perfect for partner workouts!
- 23andMe DNA Test – let’s face it, there’s only so much info we can get about our health history from our parents. And we don’t always know what types of genes we may be carrying and how that can not only affect our health but any potential children.
- Fit Simplify Resistance Loop Exercise Bands – resistance bands are one of my TOP at home exercise items to have because you can do them anywhere and they’re easy to travel with when you’re on the road. This set of 5 bands comes with an Instruction Guide, Carry Bag, EBook and Online Workout Videos.
- AmazonBasics Medicine Ball– another easy workout item to have on hand and offers TONS of possibilities for short but challenging workouts. Use along with my HolidayFitBallor #MadPROPStoAugust