Episode 23: Double Date: Remerging Lifestyles After Remarriage with Melissa Joy Dobbins & Mark Buchmann
It’s Taco and Mandy’s final double date of the season, and they’re ecstatic to finally have on fellow dietitian/podcaster Melissa Joy Dobbins and her husband Mark Buchmann. In their chat, they gab about the highs and occasional rocky roads of remarriage, what pushed Melissa to work in media, and how she wants people to take a “guilt free” apporach to eating and living well.
***SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATE***
There have been some changes to where you can find us on social media!
Facebook: Follow our new PAGE for Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty
Instagram: We are now on Instagram as @nutrition_nuptials_podcast
If you and yours are looking to get into meal planning and track your nutrition, sign up to our mailing list for a FREE Bride & Couples Starter Guide eBook!
Mandy and Taco are on the lookout for couples who live happily and healthily together. If you have a story of your own, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want your podcast to sound as good as ours, try out Podigy Podcast Editing and get 25% off your first free month of editing by mentioning Nutrition Nuptials at Podigy.co.
ABOUT MELISSA & MARK
Melissa Joy Dobbins is a dietitian, certified diabetes educator and host of the nutrition podcast Sound Bites. In addition, she is a spokesperson and provides health care professionals with the media skills they need to get their message ou. Her husband Mark Buchmann is a veteran of the U.S. Navy who now works as a network engineer and CEO of background investigation company Global Verification Network. The couple is based out of Chicago.
[ctt template=”5″ link=”608Q0″ via=”yes” ]Melissa Joy Dobbins & her husband Mark stop by Episode 23 of the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast for a Double Date to chat about remerging lifestyles after remarriage. Catch the episode now[/ctt]
- How Melissa’s lateness managed not to get in the way of her and Mark’s first date.
- The ways people censor their own food choices when dating and trying to impress a dietitian.
- Learning to live comfortably with children from a previous marriage.
- Melissa explains her “Do More With Dinner” initiative and how it came to be.
- Scheduling meals and activities in a household between two partners who have very different communication philosophies.
- Melissa and Mark’s advice for recent divorcees looking to get back into the dating game.
- How Melissa and her step-daughter’s video on chocolate milk became part of a school curriculum!
- Melissa’s “guilt free” approach to nutrition and suggests some tips for couples looking to stay on a healthy path.
- How Melissa is working to promote dietitians and nutritional knowledge through her work, and why she went to work in media rather than private practice.
- A sneak peek of Melissa’s upcoming workshop with Today’s Dietitian.
- Taco Terminology: Kitchen Rage
Contact Info for Melissa:
Links/References Discussed on the Show:
Have a question, story to share, or feedback on the show? Email email@example.com
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
Follow the show on Instagram @nutrition_nuptials_podcast
About the Show:
How You Can Support the Show:
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Radio Public and Rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- LIKE us on Facebook at Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty to keep the conversation going after the show and connect with Taco & Mandy, along with our guests.
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, giveaways and more.
Thanks for joining us today and for saying
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!
PIN FOR LATER –>