Chai Tea Muddy Buddies (Easy Homemade Gift)
These simple Chai Tea Muddy Buddies snacks make the perfect treats to give as gifts or leave for Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve.
If you’re looking for some simple, last minute, homemade gifts to give out at work or bring to family dinners, then put these Chai Tea Muddy Buddies at the top of your NICE List. I made these for the first time last year, and Taco loved them so much that I had to make another batch because he ate most of my first go-around. Good news – these are so easy to make creating another batch is a cinch.
There are several names for these chocolate-covered Chex creations:
- Muddy Buddies
- Puppy Chow
- Reindeer Poop (believe it or not the kids in our family get a kick out of that one)
No matter what you choose to call them, whip up a few batches, place in a pretty tin or decorated take-out box (I stock up on mine from the Dollar Tree), and you have an impressive, tasty, homemade gift. Assuming your husband doesn’t eat them all.
Chai Tea Muddy Buddies
The flavor comes from powdered chai tea mix. Simply take Rice Chex (shhhh – I won’t tell if you use a generic brand of rice squares), cover in melted chocolate chips, and then give them a third coating of powdered sugar/chai tea blend. Spread out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper (or wax paper), and you’re good to go. Place in decorative metal tins, cardboard take-out boxes, or mason jars to give as gifts.
I’m usually a white sugar kind of girl. But when it comes to confectioners sugar, I’m a big fan of Swerve, which uses erythritol (a type of sugar alcohol that won’t cause blood sugar to spike and also doesn’t have a funky aftertaste). One tablespoon of traditional confectioners sugar has 8g of sugar, compared to Swerve which has 0g.
GRAB THESE KITCHEN TOOLS:
Chai Tea Muddy Buddies
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar recommended: Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chai Tea Mix recommended: Wildtree Chai Tea Mix
- 2 1/2 cups rice cereal squares
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Microwave on high 2 minutes until chips are softened. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and Chai Tea Mix until well combined.
- Toss rice cereal squares with the chocolate to coat. Toss again with the powdered sugar.
- Spread out squares in a single layer on a sheet pan to cool at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
GIVE THESE MUDDY BUDDIES A TRY FOR YOUR NEXT COOKIE OR GIFT EXCHANGE
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE HOMEMADE GIFTS?
IF YOU WHIP UP A BATCH OF THESE CHAI TEA MUDDY BUDDIES, SHARE YOUR CREATIONS BY TAGGING ME (@MANDYENRIGHTRD) ON SOCIAL MEDIA